Important Information for the State Championship Football game
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022
Time: 11:00 AM
Location: Rutland Senior High School
Address: 22 Stanton Road, Rutland, VT 05701
Ticket prices: $10 for adults, $5 for students and senior citizens
Note: Digital Tickets can be purchased through the Vermont Principals’ Association’s (VPA) website or go to gofan.co. Online all games are listed as a noon start on the home page, do not worry about that, our game is 11am. A digital ticket will keep one from waiting in line at the ticket booth.
Directions: From downtown Bellows Falls, take Route 5 north to Route 103. Follow Route 103 to Rutland. In Rutland, take Route 7 North about five miles to Route 4 North (which is a right turn.) After about one mile, you will be at the Rutland Senior High School
Parking: Because we have the first game of the day (there are three games scheduled at this field over the course of the day), we will have access to the parking lot at the school. When you get to the school, expect to be directed to the left to their staff parking lot. Do not plan on parking in a parking area at the far end of the field. While there are parking spaces there, it is being reserved for volunteers working at the games. For handicapped parking: those with valid handicapped parking passes will be directed to a different area closer to the high school building. From this parking area, there will still be a walking distance to the field. However, we have been told that there will be transportation provided for those who cannot walk to the seating area for fans. This handicapped parking will be available on a first come, first served basis. You will be allowed to drop off and pick up anyone with mobility issues by the entrance to the field as well.
- Championship Game T-shirts will be available for purchase. Because we have the first game, we expect that there will be plenty of size options available when we arrive. Time permitting, players will be given the opportunity to purchase their own. Alternatively, family members could make this purchase when they arrive. We encourage anyone who wants a t-shirt to buy it early, before the fans arrive for the second game, to ensure that you can get the size that you want. The shirts cost $20.
- For people who cannot make the trip to Rutland to see the game, the game will be broadcast via the internet on the NFHS Network at a cost of $10.99 for a monthly pass. More information about this can be found on the VPA website.
- For those who are not familiar with the drive to Rutland High School, you should give yourselves at least an hour and fifteen minutes for the drive.
- Please be respectful in the stands. During warmups, our team will be on the “left hand side” of the field when looking at the field from the bleachers. Therefore, the left hand side of the bleachers will give the best view of the team during warm ups prior to the game. Please be respectful in the stands.
- At the end of the game, there will be a brief awards ceremony (brief because another game will start at 2 PM.) No one will be allowed on the field after the game. Families will be able to reconnect with their players after they leave the fenced-in area of the football field.